Whoever said “You can’t beat a classic” had obviously never tried putting banana in their flapjacks.
These are actually both vegan and diabetic friendly, but you can sub the vegan butter for the real deal and substitute the agave nectar for maple syrup – if you’re feeling naughty.
150g vegan butter (I like Naturli)
5tbsp agave nectar
225g rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
You could substitute raisins with the equivalent weight of dried apricots, nuts and seeds
- Preheat your oven to 170C Fan (Gas mark 4)
- Line a 8×8 inch baking tin with baking parchment
- Melt the butter and agave nectar in a pan
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana and add the cinnamon
- Weigh the oats and sultanas into a large bowl, add the banana and agave/butter mix to the oats and sultanas and mix well
- Line the baking tray with the flapjack mixture and even out
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden around the edges